Apeks Tungsten XTX Regulator
The Apeks Tungsten XTX Regulator is the culmination of decades of development in regulator design. With a new Tungsten PVD coated body, Apeks have created their toughest, highest performing and most visually stunning regulator to date.
Engineered to take on the extreme environments of technical diving the XTX regulator is nearly impervious to ice build-up and able to deliver consistent and clear breathing thanks to its overbalanced design. The mainspring chamber is environmentally sealed which further prevents ice-buildup and keeps contaminants and bacteria from getting into the 1st stage and spoiling the quality of your air. The FSR 1st stage is nearly indestructible, so Apeks have ensured its readily serviceable, and made the valve seat removable ensuring you’ll be able to enjoy using your Tungsten XTX Regulator for years to come.
The incredible XTX 2nd stage is pneumatically balanced ensuring your breathing is effortless, no matter how much air is left in your tank. Like the 1st stage, the body has been reinforced with the same Tungsten PVD coating. It not only looks fantastic but makes the 2nd stage resistant to abrasion and damage. The venturi switch and open control knob give you complete control to configure your how your regulator functions on the fly.
When you’re in truly frigid water the air coming into your 2nd stage can be extremely cold and uncomfortable. A heat exchanger around the valve mechanism extracts warmth from the surrounding water, warming up the air entering your mouth for more comfortable breathing.
The Apeks XTX Tungsten Regulator is one of the finest and most durable technical regulators available today and is well worth considering as a serious diving investment.
- Tungsten PVD Protective Coating - The external metal-work of both the XTX 1st and 2nd stage have been PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) coated with a durable alloy of Titanium, Zirconium and Chromium. This high-quality coating is not only abrasion and damage resistant but visually impressive too. The rich satin finish emphasises the exemplary level of quality you’re getting with the Tungsten XTX.
Apeks Tungsten XTX FSR 1st Stage
- Balanced Design - The FSR 1st stage features a balanced diaphragm making it exceptionally good in all diving environments, no matter how much air is left in your tank.
- Optimised Hose Routing - The 2 High pressure and 4 Low Pressure ports are angled allowing you to easily route your hoses.
- Cold water ready - The environmentally sealed main spring chamber prevents ice build-up. The FSR is cold water ready and able to handle temperatures below 10*C, enabling to keep diving deeper, or in harsh environments.
- Resists Contaminants - The sealed main spring chamber keeps silt and contaminants from entering the system and reducing the quality of your air supply and preventing bacteria (like E. coli) spoiling your dive adventure.
- Removable Valve Seat - The Removable ARCAP Valve seat means the FSR 1st stage is easy to maintain.
- Nitrox - This first stage is nitrox ready to 40% oxygen when you first open the box. This is a rare feature for first stage regulators and only the best use this feature.
Apeks Tungsten XTX 2nd Stage
- Diver Changeable Exhaust - Apeks have designed their XTX range to suit you. The 2nd stage comes with two swappable exhausts, a larger one for improved bubble clearance and a lightweight compact exhaust to ease of use.
- Pneumatically-Balanced - The XTX 2nd stage is pneumatically-balanced. This ensures that even when you’re running low on air you receive the same, consistent and clear supply of air rather than having to pull harder to get enough air.
- Easy-Push Purge Button - The XTX 2nd stage features an enlarged purge button ensuring it’s always easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge.
- Venturi Lever - The large venturi level is easy to locate and use and any time and allows you to control how much breathing effort is required to receive air.
- Opening Effort Control - Let your regulator breathe at its best with the large Opening Effort Control for maximum breathability.
- Anti-Bacterial Design - The XTX 2nd stage has been designed with active anti-bacterial protection. The additive kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, ensuring you stay safe in hostile underwater environments.
- Comfo-bite™ Mouthpiece - Apeks’ Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece uses a bridge that sits across your palate eliminating jaw-fatigue. This has the added benefit of stopping dry, filtered air from your regulator drying out your mouth.
- Heat Exchanger - A heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism helping to dissipate the ice-cold temperatures in your regulator by extracting warmth from the surrounding water, the result is warmer, more comfortable air.
- Braided Hose - The XTX regulator uses a braided hose for improved performance in deep water and greater flexibility, so you can manoeuvre more easily when wearing the apparatus.
Who is the Apeks Tungsten XTX Regulator For?
The Apeks Tungsten XTX is Apeks’ flagship XTX regulator and comes with the performance to match. It’s a serious investment that will survive years of use and abuse and still come out performing flawlessly, the tough PVD coating especially ensures the regulator will resist any form of damage or abrasion and keep looking pristine.
Able to handle water temperatures below 10*C it’s more than capable in UK waters and performs effortlessly in less extreme environment, ensuring it's a highly versatile choice for any discerning diver looking for only the highest quality technical dive equipment.
Who is Apeks Well known for their design and manufacturing of high quality breathing apparatus, Apeks supply more UK divers with regulators than any other dive manufacturer. Apeks has grown to become one of the benchmarks of the industry with superior standards in both engineering and design. Innovative development of not only their regulators but other diving equipment, Apeks offer a lifetime guarantee on all of their equipment, a testimony to the reliability and quality.
Apeks Tungsten XTX Regulator Specifications
||Yoke and DIN available
|Type of first stage
||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
||One piece forged body
|Number of HP ports
||2 (7/16" UNF)
|Number of MP ports
||4 with 5th port option (3/8" UNF)
|Environmental Dry Kit
|First stage exterior
||Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Coating
||Convertible LH or RH