Apeks XTX40 and DS4 1st Stage
The Apeks XTX40 and DS4 combo provides uncompromised technical performance without the complications of unnecessary features, allowing you to focus more on enjoying your dive.
The DS4 1st stage is Dry sealed. This has two benefits, the first is that it prevents ice build-up within the regulator which can cause free-flow. This allows the 1st stage to perform effortless even in harsh, sub 10*C temperatures. Secondly, it prevents silt and bacteria getting into your reg and contaminating your air supply, especially important in hostile diving environments.
The DS4’s overbalanced Diaphragm allows it excel in deep water. Whereas less sophisticated 1st stages struggle to maintain air pressure when you descend into deeper water, the DS4 increases air pressure the deeper you go, so you don’t need to breathe harder to receive the same quantity of air.
The XTX40 2nd stage delivers air effortlessly, even when you tanks pressure depletes thanks to its pneumatically balanced design, this means you don’t need to struggle with pulling air through the reg later in your dive.
Apeks XTX range feature a changeable Exhaust, allowing you to swap between a larger exhaust for superior bubble clearance and a smaller exhaust that’s light and takes up less space.
Apeks DS4 1st Stage
- Simple & Reliable - The DS4 is simple, but high performing. Because there’s nothing to go wrong, you can be confident it’ll handle years of diving without any problems.
- Dry Sealed System - The DS4 is environmentally sealed preventing silt and contaminants getting into the system and polluting your air supply. This also has the benefit preventing ice build-up within your regulator, ensuring it can perform in sub 10*C temperatures easily.
- Design For Cold Water - The DS4 has been rated for cold water diving, allowing you to take on sub 10*C water around the world.
- Easy Route Your Hoses -
- 4 medium pressure ports 3/8 UNF
- 1 high pressure port 7/16 UNF
- Overbalanced Diaphragm - The DS4 features an overbalanced diaphragm allowing it to perform exceptionally well in deep water.
Apeks XTX40 2nd Stage
- Diver Changeable Exhaust - Apeks have designed their XTX range to suit you. The 2nd stage comes with two swappable exhausts. A larger exhaust offers excellent bubble clearance making it ideal for underwater photographers while the 2nd is smaller and lighter, offering improved comfort during long dives.
- Pneumatically Balanced - The XTX40 2nd stage is pneumatically balanced ensuring breathing remains effortless even when the pressure in your tank decreases.
- Venturi Control - Use the Venturi Control to prevent freeflow when at the surface.
- Comfo-Bite Mouthpiece - The Apeks XTX40 features a Comfo-bite mouthpiece. This uses a bridge that sits across your palate to support your 2nd stage reducing jaw fatigue and helps to prevent your mouth drying out.
- Large Purge Button - The large 2-stage purge button is easily accessible and allow for either a slow, controlled purge or more rapid full purge action.
Who is the Apeks XTX40 and DS4 1st Stage For?
The Apek XTX40 and DS4 combo offers the perfect balance between price and excellent XTX level performance. For those who don’t need the versatility of the full XTX40 arrangement with swivelling head 1st stage, it’s a great way to save some money without compromising significantly on performance or features. Made with technical divers in mind the XTX40 and DS4 combo can easily handle both deep water diving and ice-cold water. It’s more than ready for difficult dives are the UK or in more temperate water whereever you take it.
Who is Apeks
Well known for their design and manufacturing of high quality breathing apparatus, Apeks supply more UK divers with regulators than any other dive manufacturer. Apeks has grown to become one of the benchmarks of the industry with superior standards in both engineering and design. Innovative development of not only their regulators but other diving equipment, Apeks offer a lifetime guarantee on all of their equipment, a testimony to the reliability and quality.